Thursday 14 December 2017

THE DAY MY HEART WEPT BUT MY EYES SHED NO TEARS. PART 2

I am presently marking their exam scripts. And deep within I can still hear her heart wrenching sigh. I try to picture their faces and the reaction that would follow when they receive their scripts. 

While some will pump their fist with a huge smile etched on their faces, some will muster the courage to seek for clarification may be claim a point or two in the process, others will quietly fold their scripts never to look at it again. 

They will silently weep in their heart and ponder what is wrong with them, why can't they ever get a high score despite the sleepless night and all the effort?  

Examination for them is judgement day and I am the judge. 

They may never muster the courage to come up to me and lay bare their heart. They are the reasons why I am writing this because I am on a mission to win them back. 

For even as I mark their scripts, I keep asking myself, 'is there anything I would have done differently that would have turned their fortune around?' 

No comments: